How to Give a Pill to a Cat, Part C

Because of a suggestion by a dear reader and close observation of Evelyn's behavior, the alignment of the planets, the Theory of Relativity and the hole in the ozone layer, I have finally solved the Pill Dilemma.

Evelyn is a slave to her stomach, as are most animals. We THINK they love us, but what they really love is food. Simply put. I am thoroughly convinced that she thinks that I am HUNTING every time I leave the apartment because when I get back, she automatically wants to be fed. She does her cute kitty routine (refer to Puss-in-Boots in the movie Shrek 2 to completely understand this.) She looks at me with her great big blue eyes. She gives me her sweet little meow as if she is saying, "Mommy, I know you are the best hunter in the world, so please share a meager bit of your good fortune with me because how can you resist such a cute face and you know I never ask for much from you and how can you resist such an utterly cute face with such big adorable eyes?" Yeah, right!

I dump food in Cute Kitty's bowl and she is happy. But, underneath all of this, she has five lethal weapons on each foot and some righteous teeth in her mouth! She may give me "cute-kitty", but I now know that underneath she is saying, "Fear me, if you dare!"

The truth is out: This demon possessed animal has a MAJOR weakness. Chicken.

Yep, I made broiled chicken with fresh lemon zest and sweet creamery butter (which is a little slice of heaven and so very delish...) Evelyn pranced and gave me a lot of cute kitty hoping to score a chunk of chicken. I made an entire piece of chicken breast for THE CAT. I ripped a piece of chicken from the bone, shoved the pill inside and gave her the treat on a ceramic dessert plate that my younger brother designed and made for me years ago. Presentation is everything!

She gulped it down, never aware of the pill inside the lemon chicken creation.

Good sense and reason and logic prevailed! Once again, I am the master of my domain. (doing the butter dance at my desk) Yes! All right! YESSSSSS! I am once again THE QUEEN OF EVERYTHING. Go, K4! Go, K4! (patting myself on the back and tooting my own horn)

I put the rest of Evelyn's chicken in the freezer because this pill escapade will continue for the rest of her life. I simply have to thaw a bit, cleverly hide the pill inside and present it to Miss Evelyn on her proverbial silver platter.

The deed is accomplished without any blood or broken furniture!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Car Repair Guys Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Sleep Disorders