The Worse Sound in the World

The worse sound has to be the sound when two cars crunch together. I had an opportunity to experience that yesterday when I became a car sandwich. I know this is a terrible sound after being in a couple of minor wrecks years ago. Yesterday's wreck on Interstate 64 East Bound was the WORSE wreck I had ever been in.

The girl hit me from behind and pushed me into the car in front of me. A double whammy. She hit my car hard enough to push it 75 feet from a stopped position and into the next car. Needless to say, my new car is a total loss. Crap! Now I have to buy a new new car.

No one was injured, but I still have a wicked headache this morning and the insurance people to me to go to the doctor... and my knee hurts, probably from pushing on the brakes too hard.

As a testimonial to how well made my Honda was, after being smacked in the rear and then pushed into the car in front hard enough to break the battery, crack the radiator, damage the transmission, and bend the frame, the car was still running. It was ready to keep up with it's duties and take me to where I needed to be.

I tried to make this a funny post, but there really isn't much funny going on.

Strictly from a Cosmic point of view, maybe coming to Virginia was a BAD idea.

Comments

jiji said…
oh, no! good to hear you are safe tho.
Karen Pope said…
Thank you! It was pretty scary at the time.
Simon Jester said…
Oh Lord! Thank God you're OK! I don't have that many regular readers.

Time to move to Idaho. (But that's my solution for everything.)

Be good, be safe
Bee said…
Horrible, that is just horrible!
:o(
Hope you feel better soon!
Anonymous said…
ohhhhhh, no. horrible. and on top of it all, you have to deal with insurance people???? oh, lord. Glad to hear you're okay. Days like that, there's nothing to do but go back to bed. :(
Karen Pope said…
@Don: Idaho? I will have to look into that.

@Bee: Thanks!

@Twizzle: Ithink dealing with insurance people is the worst part of this whole ordeal.

Thank you one and all. Now, it's Monday morning and time to get back to work. Bummer.

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Car Repair Guys Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Sleep Disorders