One Towncar Away From Being A Winter Florida Resident

I am in Virginia. Virginia is for lovers... well, uh, maybe. The jury is still out on that one. Carry me back to old Virginnie... OK. That one is possible because Virginia just celebrated it's 400th year of being a permanent British settlement. Also, everytime someone asks me for my Driver's Lilcense and I show them the one from Florida, I get the same question: Why did you move HERE from FLORIDA, ferpetessake? No good answers to that question. (Read Above) The one that is most prominent in my mind about my move to Virginia is... Well, it's certainly not for the weather. Winter is freaking cold.

I have been bundled up since around the end of October and I don't see this ending in the near future. It is so cold, I don't have to dis-robe when I have a hot flash while shopping at mall.

Shopping! That's what I wanted to talk about.

I have been shopping for winter clothes and all the new stuff had to find a home in my closet. So, I started moving out the really cool summer stuff I brought up here from Florida. And I found a blouse I forgot I had. It was totally cool and a lot like Christmas. Even more like Christmas than when I was opening the packagaes that contained the winter clothes I had ordered from a variety of locations and I knew what was in them. It was like getting something you really really like for FREE.

I had a sudden vision of myself in this favorite blouse that was covered in Hawaiian flowers, a pair of matching gold shiny capris, a pair of gold sling back heels, and big hat, so much make up that I looked like Lainie Kazan's fashionable younger sister and a cigarette in a long cigarette holder. Did I mention the huge diamond rings on the fingers of my ancient withered hands that had bright red nail polish on claw-like nails? Did I mention the straw purse slung over my shoulder that is large enough to carry all the stuff I would need on a two-week vacation to Europe? Did I mention the short, balding husband who trailed behind looking embarassed? Did I mention the rough, gravelly voice that is guaranteed to shatter glass?

OK. Maybe finding a forgotten peice of clothing in the bottom of the closet isn't all that great... but at least in my vision, I was back in Florida.

Comments

Bee said…
I live in Chicago having moved from California when I was almost 18.
Now I'm doubting my sanity.
Karen Pope said…
I am definately doubting mine. Who thought Virginia would be better than Florida in the winter? It is 24 degrees outside right now. 24 freaking degrees. A person could freeze to death! Not to mention the cold I have had all winter.

Yep, I would love to be a Florida resident, again.

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Car Repair Guys Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Sleep Disorders