Now, what?

Filed under the classification of sometimes-a-kid-just-has-to-talk-to-their-mommy:

I get a call from my #1 daughter.

#1: So, you are still in Virginia?
Me: Yep.
#1: When are you coming back to Florida?
Me: To visit?
#1: No, NOT to visit. To Live.
Me: I dunno... why?
#1: Then we could hang out together.
Me: Yes, we could.
#1: I miss that, you know.
Me: I miss hanging out with you, too.
#1: I want you to move back to Florida
Me: Why?
#1: I have a toothache
Me: And what am I supposed to do about it.
#1: Well, I don't know.
Me: Did you call a dentist?
#1: I went to see a dentist. He gave me a bunch of pain killers and told me my wisdom tooth is impacted and it has to come out.
Me: I can see why you tooth hurts, then...
#1: No. It doesn't really hurt, yet, but it will when the dentist pulls it and I have a great big hole in my mouth.
Me: So you called me because you anticipate a toothache?
#1: Yes.
Me: Whoever thought that parenting adult children would be easy.
#1: So, can you move to Florida before I go to the dentist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Car Repair Guys Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Sleep Disorders