How Can You Be Funny When...?

How can anyone be funny when they are facing being laid off, eviction, breaking up with their boyfriend and ultimate starvation. Granted, the starvation part may take a little time simply because I have put on weight recently and now closely resemble a... hmmmm... I was going to say whale, but maybe walrus is a better term.

At any rate, I went to the beach (actually the shores of Chesapeake Bay) and overheard the following conversation between a Jamaican lady and her two children.

Oldest child (about age 8): Can I cover my brother with sand?
Mom: No.

So, the little 3 year old remained un-buried. I was happy about that on many levels.

Comments

Unknown said…
One has to be funny because of the reasons you have mentioned. I liked the part about starvation.

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Car Repair Guys Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Sleep Disorders