Let Your Fingers Do The Walking

Something weird is happening at work. The phone rings, I pick it up with my normal cheerful speil designed to get people to respond and I heard nothing. So, I repeat myself.

Me: Good Morning! This is SUPER HIGH TECH WEB DESIGN COMPANY. How can I help you?
Caller:.....
Me: Good Morning! This is SUPER HIGH TECH WEB DESIGN COMPANY. How can I help you?
Caller:.....

Then, I hang up after listening to a protracted silence because nobody says anything.

I know the phones are working because get plenty of calls from people who actually say stuff, but this is ridiculous. At least 8 or 10 times every day I get a call from NOTHING.

Coworker #3: No one is on the phone. What's up with that?
Me: I dunno. I happens a lot.
C3: Maybe it is a wrong number.
Me: 10 times a day?
C3: Maybe they have a bad connection
Me: 10 times a day?
C3: Maybe it is aliens who are trying to make first contact.
Me: Oh, yeah, right. If I were an alien trying to make first contact with the human race, SUPER HIGH TECH WEB DESIGN COMPANY is the first place I would call AND I would keep on calling until some dumb human finally said the correct secret code to get me to respond.
C3:....
Me: I think you are calling me from your cell phone just to mess with me.

Me: (As Coworker #3 walks away) I'm right, aren't I? Answer me!

Then to the empty office: No one ever answers me. Maybe I am the alien. No one ever answers aliens.

Comments

Bee said…
Ha! I think every office has a silent talker. Or non talker.
Bee said…
I am now going to follow you on twitter... I LOVE twitter!
Karen Pope said…
Hey Bee! I am going find you on Twitter, too!

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Car Repair Guys Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Sleep Disorders