A wintery Tale and Michelle Obama's Clothes

All right, winter, we GET IT.

All I can think about is contained in three words: I am cold.

No, wait, here are a few more: it is cold here. That's four words! And: I wish I had an extra sweater right now. 9 words! These are really adding up. How about this one: Who said winter was a good idea when my feet have turned to blocks of ice and my blood is running so sluggishly I can barely type and my big fuzzy brown coat has been morphed (by me) into a blanket and is still ineffectual. OK, that is 45 words.

I have had just about enough of January. Really, January. You made your point. "I can make you cold," you said, and it's not like any of us disagreed with you. But then you had to go and freeze everything just to prove that point. It I was January's mother, I would send it to its room. With no dessert.

My skin is cracking from the cold. Every time I absentmindedly scratch my shin, my fingers come back all bloody. It is a good thing I am not in therapy. Why is my leg bleeding, the therapist asks? No, I'm not cutting myself with an Exacto knife for fun, it's just that winter is trying to kill me. And NO, I am not paranoid. Why are you looking at me like that? What are you writing in your little notepad?

So, as long as I'm here I may as well blog about something... doo dee doo. Oh yes! Michelle Obama's fashion sense. Michelle, I applaud you!

Jill Rosen of the Baltimore Sun said this:

While President Barack Obama talked about hope in his inaugural address, first lady Michelle Obama wore it, quite literally, on her sleeve. Last night, she twirled from ball to ball in an ethereal white gown that seemed to float and glide behind her. The fashion world sighed in appreciation.

"She's not going to be a predictable play-it-safe first lady," Nicole Phelps, executive editor of Style.com, said approvingly.

At the swearing-in ceremony, Obama wore a golden yellow sheath dress and matching coat in an optimistic hue that seemed to catch and reflect the midday sunshine. With it, she made symbolism a fashion statement.

"I think the yellow symbolized hope and renewal," said Sasha Charnin Morrison, fashion director for Us Weekly. "This has been their message all along." Read it here


I have read that Michelle is going to be a fashion trendsetter, much like Jackie Kennedy was. So, the rest of the country will follow her in wearing hopeful clothing. Not a bad idea at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Car Repair Guys Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Sleep Disorders