And Your Point Is?

College Admission's Representative: You know it is a tragedy when a student drops. I mean that student is loosing out on the greatest opportunity of their life. They are loosing out on a chance to totally better themselves. So, a student drops and I get an email from you with an exclamation point on it. It is tragic when a student drops. It is not an exclamation point moment.
Me: OK. I understand, now.
AR: No more exclamation points on emails when a student drops. That is a new rule. Add a sad smiley or something. Just no more exclamation points.
Me: I told you, I understand. It is a sad, sad day when a student drops because you loose your commission.
AR: That's right. Like I said. It is not an exclamation point moment.

Comments

Simon Jester said…
Go with a colon. It's both punctuation and a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Car Repair Guys Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Sleep Disorders