How to Solve a Small Problem

 

I heard a comedian on YouTube a few days ago who made me laugh so hard, I couldn't breath.  To paraphrase, he said:

Have you ever had a problem and then a bigger problem comes along and you totally forget about the first problem?  To give you an example, I was driving down the Florida Turnpike at about 90 MPH.  Back then I used to smoke.  Now, when you toss a cigarette out of a car window while going 90, it doesn't always go where you think it should.  Well, I flicked it and it blew back into the car.  You know that spot between your shirt collar and the back of your neck?  (Pause for laughter).  

 Then, I involuntarily jerked the wheel of the car and the car started spinning across four lanes of the Turnpike.  After the second 360 degree revolution, I realized I had a big problem and so did other drivers.  They started honking their horns as if to get my attention and to let me know that I was doing high-speed donuts.  (BONK, BONK, BONK) Just like I didn't realize I was spinning around and around, going into on-coming traffic and watching my life flash in front of my eyes.

Because I was spinning and dying and my car was joined by two other cars doing the same thing, I totally forgot I was on fire.

I giggled again while typing the story.  So, if I ever find myself with a small problem and a bigger problem comes along, I will give a silent thank you to the comedian as I fall on the floor laughing.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Car Repair Guys Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Sleep Disorders