The Latest Tourist Technology

The historic triangle in Virginia proved to be the stomping ground for my vacation travels with my Mom and Dad and Digitaljon, The Divine Miss M and her Mom and Dad.

The whole gang trudged up and down historic avenues, taking pictures, oooing and ahhhhing.

Yes, most of us owned digital cameras, but everyone invariably forgot to bring them. So, the tourist photography was done with camera phones.

I believe this is the wave of the future.

Me: Ok, everyone line up so I can get a picture.
Stranger: But that is a phone, not a camera.
Me: I know.
S: You can't get a decent tourist shot with a camera phone.
Me: But, it's all I have with me.
S: You look utterly ridiculous.
Me: Hey, would you mind taking a photo of all of us? You just point the camera phone and press that button.
S: Certainly!
Whole Gang: CHEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSE!
S: Dammit. I only took a photo of my thumb.
Me: That's the danger of owning a camera phone.
S: Let's all try this again.
Whole Gang: CHEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSE!
S: Dammit. It is a photo of my forefinger, but you can just make out the top of someone's head right there.
Me: Once more try? Please?
S: All right, but I make no promises. Ready! Aim! FIRE!
Whole Gang: CHEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSE!
Me: How did that one turn out?
S: Well, no appendages, but I moved the camera and only got a photo of the tree tops.
Me: OK. Don't anyone move. Stranger, you stand over there and I will take the shot.
Whole Gang: CHEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSE!
S: But, now you have a stranger in your photo.
Me: I am going to PhotoShop you out and put me in.
S: Tourist Technology is wonderful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Car Repair Guys Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Sleep Disorders