Cause and Effect

OK, so I started physical therapy because my I had a backache for something like two years and I was getting damned grouchy about it. I was even grouchier when the doctor told me it was from "normal wear and tear." NORMAL? Is he kidding me? Normal to scream in agony when you sit and normal to scream in agony again when you stand up? If it was normal, wouldn't everyone be doing it?

So, I started physical therapy and amazingly, my back feels better. I love going to the heated salt-water spa pool with the fuzzy jets in the water and doing nice, tame exercises. My arthritic body loves the state of weightlessness, so much so, I am thinking of moving to the International Space Station.

Meanwhile, back in the pool... I was going through my exercise routine and, as previously stated, my back feels really good, but my FREAKING knees have started hurting to beat the band. I mean hurting to the point I am screaming in agony when I stand up and screaming in agony when I sit down.

Somehow, I find it difficult to see how my situation has improved.

I went BACK to the doctor-Dr. Eye-Candy if you are interested because I firmly believe if one must visit a doctor, then visit a very pretty one and Dr. Eye-Candy is so very pretty. Dr. Candy tells me my knees hurting is because of normal wear and tear. WTF?

Me: You have got to be kidding me? It is not normal for someone to scream in agony when they sit and normal to scream in agony again when they stand up. I mean, I have been waiting to see you for nearly forty-five minutes and plenty of people stood up and sat down and there was barely any screaming at all
Dr. Eye-Candy:.....
Me: So, how is this normal?
Dr: It is normal for someone with RA (rhuematoid arthritis)
Me: So, what do we do?
Dr: Eventually, knee replacement, but not for a couple of years.
Me: So what do I do in the meantime? Scream in agony on a regular basis?
Dr: No. We can give you cortisone injections.
Me:.....
Dr: Really, it will make you feel better... we think.
Me:.....
Dr: All we have to do it stick a needle in your knee...
Me: Now wait just a cotton picking minute. How can sticking a needle in my knee make it feel better?
Dr: It just will.

OK. Maybe he isn't big on explanations, but he certainly is pretty to look at. And he was right. Sticking a needle in my knee does make it feel better as long as I don't think about being stuck in the knee with a need too closely.

Comments

Debbie said…
I believe I would be looking for a different doctor. Perhaps someone with a bedside manner?
I agree with Debbie. Good thing he looks pretty since his communication skills are so lacking.

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Car Repair Guys Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

Sleep Disorders